i was wondering if anyone has any experience running the 50t artics? I’m looking at purchasing one and just want to know if their are any down sides or known problems to running these trucks. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
I worked on a power plant project in Johnstown PA and the local early works civil sub rented a fleet of them to get the bulk of the rock and earth moved before they brought their own equipment in to finish grade the site for turn over. The only issue they had with them was a feeling of being under powered. If I’m not mistaken they were able to have the rental house turn them up and from there on were happy with the trucks. Highway Equipment had them then and sold off the higher hour machines but likely still has some of them if you’re still looking. Bell makes a great truck. Deere and Bell were one and the same through the D series minus engines being JD or MB depending on branding. Their 40tn trucks are hard to beat.
Thanks 631g. We talked to a guy who just bought a fleet of these trucks. He told us they are great running trucks they just don’t have all the driver comfort of a Volvo. We pulled the trigger on one last week and should be getting delivered this week. I agree about the Deere 40t trucks. We have one and I would run it up against a Volvo or cat any day of the week.