Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Info on UH14 excavator please

P. Holmes ยท 2023-06-27 17:46

I have a 1976 UH14 Hitachi Excavator that was running and in goos condition but has been sitting for the last 15 years. I'm trying to fire it up and get the old girl going but I don't have any service manual. I managed to find a parts manual but it's has no information on the engine. Specifically I am looking for information on draining the fuel, by siphoning as I can't locate the fuel cock and change out the fuel filters. I hope this is enough information to help me figure it out. There are no batteries on there, would anybody know if it's a 24 volt or a 12 volt system? I appreciate any information that anyone could provide! Thank you!!

Replies2
  1. #1Tones2023-06-27 17:56

    24 volt electrical system. Fuel system is very similar to the Hitachi UH122 so check out the thread on this forum if it's still got a Japanese engine.

  2. #2P. Holmes2023-06-27 22:28

    Thank you! I will go check that out.