Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Information on a D6C Ser# 76A5909

Metalman 55 ยท 2016-12-12 13:15

An acquaintance of mine is interested in the above D6C Ser # 76A 5909 (if that is the correct number) for sale in our local area & I wondered what the build date & rated HP would have been on that machine? It is power shift they tell me with the angle blade on it.

Replies3
  1. #1kshansen2016-12-12 15:47

    Might want to recheck that S/N. See where it was on machine. It's been many years since I saw one but I'm thinking a 76A**** serial number is for a 966 or 966B frontend loader. I suppose if this number came off a tag on the engine it is possible someone used the engine or parts of one from a 966 to repower the Dozer. I take that back 76A is indeed a D6C the 966B's I was thinking of were 75A**** Here's a link to a Ritchie Auction site with some information: http://www.ritchiewiki.com/wiki/index.php/Caterpillar_D6C_Crawler_Tractor

  2. #2FWD2016-12-12 21:06

    According to my "Touquip" info book, it would be a 1968 and a very late one at that, as they only went to 6061. The book shows it being 120 horsepower. FWD

  3. #3Nige2016-12-13 07:37

    Second that. Build year 1968, one of the last built. 120HP. The ACMOC web site will likely have people who can give far more information than that.