hi sorry if I open the discussion, on the net I saw some photos of the mythical Euclid. in addition to the dumpers and scrapers, I saw some crawlers and some loaders. I have seen a large buldozer with 2 motors, one to transmit the movement, I believe to each track, if I have not misunderstood, I believe that the size was larger than the D10 caterpillar I think about 48 tons of tonnage, I have seen some wheel loaders, crawler loaders I think some Euclid terex L600 or L 500 if I'm not mistaken. what could you tell me about this prestigious historical brand like caterpillar and the other survivors. I believe now absorbed by Hitachi if I'm not mistaken. thank you, maybe the chronological time sequence with the succession of construction of the various models, which I believe adopted the green color of the Italian type Hydromac as a livery. thanks sorry for the inconvenience. Euclid TC12 bulldozer which is nicknamed “The Jolly Green Giant” in action. The Euclid TC12 entered the dozer market back in 1955 and featured a somewhat unusual design it featured twin GM 6-71 engines which were mounted on each side of a split frame they produced a combined total of 402- 425hp depending on year of manufacture At the time of its launch the TC12 was the largest and at 40 tons in weight by far the heaviest dozer on the market http://dailydieseldose.com/classic-bulldozers-cat-d9-and-international-harvester-td24/
Here’s a good general overview https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euclid_Trucks their scrapers (not sure about model numbers) are long lived beasts and are still seen around a decent amount. One of the construction companies in my area has a decent size fleet of them. also still see their trucks in quarries still screaming along As far as the dozers go, I haven’t come across a single one around my area, even not working. I’d like to see a TC12 n action but the only place I think I will is at a big machinery show
thanks for your intervention I believe that even the loaders are beautiful muscular machines, excavators I think they have not built any, do you know? Thank you
[/ATTACH] [/ATTACH] [/ATTACH]
Couple great books full of all history and photos
The Euclid / Terex line has been booted around like a basketball. It always seems to be the step child that a holding company grabs onto for a few years, loots the profit making parts of the company and then sells what is left to the next holding company. The twists and turns are so convoluted now that I can't remember who owns what any more. I've seen a couple of dozers being used as tail holds for logging towers. There were a couple of fleets of trucks and a big fleet of scrapers in Washington State in the 1990s, all since gone and the units were no longer produced after that. The trucks and scrapers were as good as anything Cat built at the time. The Komatsu dealer was the Terex dealer before they took on Komatsu. Easy to run, easy to repair and parts didn't require a mortgage on the business. You did need to have double the hearing protection if you were within a mile of any machine.
thanks for the clarification, however I believe robust reliable machinery with good performance, given that they are subjected to heavy stress and strong wear of resilience, unfortunately on the net few photos ever seen in my part, but I instinctively believe that they were excellent warhorses. however I was referring to "Euclid" before terex which still produces excellent lifting machinery today, I do not know if it still produces heavy machinery for earthmoving, rough terrain cranes in my part I have seen some examples. Thank you.