Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

information on the French manufacturer of the SICAM brand

trombeur · 2019-09-04 10:00

hi, sorry if I disturb, if it were possible I would like to acquire information photos or other material on the French brand SICAM, the one that in 1954 bought the patent from the Italian company BRUNERI, simit, Hydromac, rock, laltesi. thanks on the net there is no trace of this brand thanks http://www.hydromac.it/Storia.asp https://www.macchinedilinews.it/verde-ramarro/

Replies7
  1. #1trombeur2019-09-05 03:18
  2. #2John C.2019-09-05 10:17

    I've never heard of them before. What can you tell us about them?

  3. #3trombeur2019-09-05 13:00

    information in French I believe renault bought the projects from the brown brothers of the simit hydromac, financed the yumbo project and renault from a sector of the saviem I think trucks has built a company called SNAV or SICAM that produced 60 excavators a month, I did not understand if these marks were ancestors of poclain. do you know anything about it? http://christiandurieux.com/blog/2016/5/29/dcouverte-2 https://www.constructioncayola.com/.../11/20/5587/les-premières-pelles-hydrauliques https://christian-durieux.squarespace.com/?offset=1468587945569 http://www.hydromac.it/Storia.asp

  4. #4John C.2019-09-05 19:55

    I wish I could read French. Yumbo was being sold by the International Harvester dealer when I started making money turning wrenches. It wasn't a bad small excavator but it did have problems with training service people and providing parts. It died the usual death of an import that refused to believe there was a minimum amount of service that has to be provided in order for any type of machine to be successful.

  5. #5trombeur2019-09-06 02:51

    This brand "Société Nouvelle des Ateliers de Vénissieux" abbreviated SNAV was created by Robert Renault after the signing of a license purchase with the Brunieri brothers founders of Yumbo (The brothers Brunieri have brought new to the excavator not only with Yumbo but also with Simit and Hydromac). Robert Renault created the Sicam in 1954 and set up two production centers: Lyon-Vaise with the former factory Pinguely leased and managed by Snav, a subsidiary of Saviem and Chauffailles. Production will develop to arrive in 1963 to a production 60 shovels a month. Yumbo history. In 1954 Yumbo released the first full-displacement hydraulic excavator. In 1962, Yumbo moved to Genas in the suburbs of Lyon. In 1970, IH France took a majority stake (In America, Yumbo will be sold under the name of DROTT-Yumbo). In 1986, it was Dresser's turn to buy Yumbo following Dresser's acquisition of IH. Later, in 1990, the Japanese Furukawa bought the American Dresser and its two production centers, one at Chauffailles where the mechanosoldering was done, and in Genas where the shovels and wheel loaders were assembled. In the 2000s, Genas will fall into the fold of Hitachi. © Bull BTP. With the help of my French colleague Marc Montagnon journalist

  6. #6John C.2019-09-06 10:59

    Wow! I had no idea that Yumbo had been around that long. I was working for the IH dealer in Seattle in 1980 when the Yumbo line came in. We thought it strange as we were already selling Link-Belt, Drott, and Poclain. I have never heard it called Drott-Yumbo. For us it was IH-Yumbo. It is also a little confusing in that in early 1981 the Drott and Poclain lines were pulled from the IH dealer and handed over to the Case dealer. The timber industry went into recession and a bunch of us mechanics got let go. The Yumbo line stayed with the IH dealer for a bit but I lost contact with their history until around 1992 or so when Komatsu ended up with the Dresser line. I was working at the Komatsu dealer then. The Link-Belt dealer I had started with was forced into bankruptcy and their entire line came to the Komatsu dealer. Furukawa must have bought the assets of Yumbo in Europe as we had never heard of any connection between the two companies here. Yumbo must have have been one of or maybe the first hydraulic excavator produced then. It's kind of a shame to see forward thinking companies like that end up as a foot note in a giant corporation's acquisition history. Thanks for the research and history lesson.

  7. #7trombeur2019-09-06 12:20

    https://www.bauforum24.biz/forums/topic/38378-yumbo-bagger/?&page=2#comments https://www.bauforum24.biz/forums/topic/38378-yumbo-bagger/?&page=10#comments sincerely, it's information that I have taken from the web, I knew the brown brothers the simit and hydromac other in-depth information I don't know if any friend of mine knew about it, I invite him to intervene thanks