Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Inframe DT466e

wlhequipment · 2022-10-24 17:55

Howdy, Anybody ever inframed one of these? DT466e, non-egr. International 4300. The last time I did a HEUI engine, it was about 6 or 8 years ago, on a 7.3. I had the software for that engine, too, and I don’t for this one. Anyway, what’s happening is, after inframe overhaul, which included reman injectors, my #6 doesn’t seem to want to join the party. The exhaust flange is warm, but not nearly as hot as the others. So that injector is sort of working. On that 7.3, I remember having to run the **** out of it for a few hours for that engine to run right. Something about getting all the air out of the HEUI system. Anyhow, is the 466e the same? If I got one cylinder that doesn’t want to play nice, should I just run it for awhile and see if it comes up, or am I doomed to have to buy the nexiq?

Replies5
  1. #1Dave Neubert2022-10-24 18:23

    That motor has mechainical injectors don't it I would swap injectors to make sure its a injector and not a valve problem

  2. #2wlhequipment2022-10-24 18:34

    466e is HEUI.

  3. #3cfherrman2022-10-24 21:03

    Deboss garage always makes the joke you could rebuild one of those between passes at the race track.

  4. #4wlhequipment2022-10-25 12:17

    I’ll go ahead and put up closing comments here. After a metric **** ton of messing with it, I took the valve cover back off and took my 30+ years of experience and discovered I knocked the plug off injector 6 when I put the valve cover on. Yep. Brain farted that one.

  5. #5cfherrman2022-10-25 13:42

    Failure of the rachet propulsion device