Hello all. We have an older model SD-100 roller that was working fine a couple of months ago. Has been sitting out for a couple of months and now will not travel in reverse. Forward travel is normal. I try to fix my own stuff but I am not a seasoned mechanic by any means. Was wondering if there are any items I can check myself before I call the big dogs. Engine runs fine, pump is obviously working, control linkage and the the pump direction lever are intact and working and even it engages the reverse travel alarm beeping but it just will not travel in reverse at all and no sound from the pump to indicate it tries to move. Again, forward travel and speed are normal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
What sn? There are several variants of the SD100 and they are somewhat different. Do you hear any change in engine tone when trying to propel in reverse? Any noises when trying to propel?
Thank you for your reply. Serial # is: 5641S No noises, movements or anything when I move the lever back. It was so non-eventful that I could have bet the reverse linkage was broken until I opened the control box and noticed it's just one cable that goes back and forth and that's intact. But absolutely nothing happens when I move the lever back. Is it possible there is an electrical switch or relay that is not working? It just seems that the pump needs another input that is not getting so it's not doing anything.
New development: Tried it again today and now it barely moves forward with throttle at 2000rpm and does not move at all in reverse. Am I dealing with a bad pump? Any SD100 gurus out there? What are your thoughts?
Are you sure the shaft is turning fully at the hyd pump when you stoke the propel lever? There is really not much to it just an old Sauer Sunstrand (now Danfoss) 20 series hydrostatic transmission. They have service manuals available on their website for download.