Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Injection Pump DB2 625 Metering Valve Stuck

Birken Vogt ยท 2016-10-01 17:21

I have this old junker generator that I am trying to get to run. Clean fuel and nothing from the injection lines. Popped the top off the pump and most of it seems free but the part that rotates the metering valve is very sticky. At first it felt like it might even break when I went to move it but it seems to be freeing up but still far from smooth. Since I don't know the condition of this unit I want to spend little money on it before I at least try to run the engine. Just keep wiggling it or try another course?

Replies7
  1. #1Birken Vogt2016-10-01 18:39

    Well I got the metering valve freed up but still no injection happening. Time to send it to the injection shop?

  2. #2Delmer2016-10-01 21:37

    Wouldn't hurt to try a little homemade penetrating oil, transmission fluid/ acetone, would it? I mean fill the pump with it, let it sit, give it some vibration, let it sit a little more...

  3. #3thepumpguysc2016-10-02 04:36

    It sure couldn't hurt..

  4. #4d9gdon2016-10-02 11:22

    Plungers are stuck from old diesel more than likely.

  5. #5Birken Vogt2016-10-03 22:25

    I just watched a good video on how the pump works and I surmise the injection plungers or some valve must be stuck because they are only moved by relatively small fuel pressure. Time for a trip to the injection shop, I guess.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2016-10-04 10:47

    Did ya think we were lieing?? LOL

  7. #7Birken Vogt2016-10-04 12:17

    No, I was just thinking there might be an easy way to manipulate the plungers with a tool to get them freed up. But it looks to me like they are buried about as deep as possible inside the unit. I did not understand that they were free floating, either.