I need to pull the gear of my inj. pump to put it back in time. The service manual shows one but it's attached to the front cover in the picture, and doesn't show any details as to how it is made or how it attaches to the gear. Does anyone have any more info on this or have another way to get it off without taking the pump loose and pulling it back? The tool in the sevice manual is "FT1538" the FT supposedly means "Fabricated Tool".
it shouldn't be too bad, it'll be either on a tapered shaft or a straight one, grab a 3 jaw puller, and do it on a bench.
According to my information the FT puller is an FT1979. I have a drawing of it if you want to PM me with an e-mail address. I think there was another thread recently about the FT1538 and someone posted a picture of it ....... this is the one.