Hello and thanks in advance for suggestions. I have a late '90's Kobelco 200SK Mark IV with a 6 cylinder Cat engine in it. I'm not sure of the engine model, but images of it below. I'd say I'm a decent amateur diesel mechanic skill-set-wise I'm having some injection pump issues. History: - it was starting and running pretty good for a while. I use it often but certainly not constantly. - developed a no-start issue. It eventually would start after various fussing. - determined that the fuel/water separator was clogged with slime. Cleaned/replaced all the fuel filtration. - still had intermittent no start, but usually could get it to go, until today. - fuel solenoid is relatively new and definitively moves the fuel shutoff lever on the injection pump (IP). It remains engaged while cranking. - fuel is definitively going into the IP as per cracking both the input line coming from the lift pump, and the return line. - turns over for short duration with ether, so it's getting air. Air filters relatively clean. - no fuel is coming out of the IP's fuel line ports going to the injectors. I would expect that there would be squirts every 2 rotations on the crankshaft. This is obviously why it won't start, but the cause? Before tearing the pump out for a rebuild, what might I take a look at? There is some minor fuel leakage all around the fuel shutoff end of the IP (based on dust buildup). Could that indicate a problem? Thanks!
I am pretty sure that,s a Cummins engine, it’s certainly not a Cat, could be wrong though
Yes sorry, brain fart, it's a Cummins
Even if the solenoid moves the shut off lever, wire it open fully and try it again. You know you had fuel issues so I'd still focus there, even though you say it has fuel. keep trying to prime it with primer, and cranking with all injector lines cracked to release air. if there's still no progress, then I'd see if you can remove the side cover on the injection pump and see if the rack is moving.