Trying to remove injection pump on a 3204. It is an early injection pump with the delivery ports on top of the pump. Found the timing slot on injection pump cam shaft (under plate behind fuel filter). Have valve cover off and #4 valves are rocking so #1 is on TDC. But cannot seem to access the timing on the flywheel. Does anybody know where pin is on the flywheel. Thanks
To feel safe in giving any answers a full serial number would be helpful. Maybe some others can do with out that but not having first hand knowledge of this engine in this machine I will not make any guesses.
Agree S/N would be best for any variables Rebuilt my 3204 (sounds like same pump), install bolt in the injection pump, then inserted bolt in flywheel (right side in the middle)
Like I said not familiar with a 3204 only touched one 3200 series engine and did not have to remove pump from that one! Many Cat engines have an "egg shaped" cover over a hole in flywheel housing for a barring tool and often there is a 1/4 pipe plug near there that one of the cover bolts go through that hole to lock the flywheel. Not sure if the 3204 is built that way!
Engine serial number is 45V47204
Here is mine, where I pulled a pipe plug and stuck in a bolt and the pump HeavyEquipmentForums
Thanks AllDodge. I saw the plug when I was working on it this afternoon. Mine has something looks almost like a breather on it and I didn’t take it out. Now with conformation from you it will come out first thing in the morning. Thanks again
Seems your already covered but here's another view