Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Injection Timinig Settings

216487 ยท 2013-03-30 09:10

Hi, I have recently had my perkins 1104-44 engine overhauled by someone. I replaced the crank, pistons, rings, oil pump, water pump etc. The usual stuff.... The guy who did the overhaul forgot to mark the crank / cam / diesel pump settings. Machine wont start know and im almost 100% sure it is the timing. Please can someone explain how to set the timing on this motor (perkins 1104).Please explain how to lock the crank in and how to lock the cam in and most important the shaft direction on the diesel injector pump because i know they turned that as well. Your help will be appreciated

Replies3
  1. #1thepumpguysc2013-03-31 09:10

    Sounds like you got yourself "a can of worms" there my friend. If I remember correctly..The engine is set at TDC #1 cyl and the timing offset is in the injection pump. I need the numbers off the name plate of the pump to give you the correct cylinder # on the injection pump to time to.

  2. #22164872013-03-31 10:30

    Hi, I think you right with regard the engine set to TDC #1 cyl. I will have to get those numbers off the pump plate when I get back to my yard where machine is parked. Thanks

  3. #32164872013-04-07 12:49

    Hi Thanks for the advise. I took the pump into a diesel pump specialist and they alligned it for me. Working 100%. Engine must be set to TDC #1