Hi I have a 410 JD Backhoe that is giving me injection pump issues. Tractor runs for just a little while and shuts off. Plenty of fuel getting to the pump so I thought the fuel solenoid could be bad. I changed that along with checking for proper voltage to the solenoid and that was all good. Started it and it ran good for a bit and then just shut off again. I took the solenoid completely off and blocked the holes so the fuel shut off would remain open in the pump. The weird thing is the tractor will only run for a bit unless I crack open one of the bolts to the top cover. Then with a small amount of fuel leaking, the tractor runs just fine even at high rpms. As soon as I tighten the bots down on the top cover the tractor dies. The return line is disconnected and there isn’t much coming out of there. It will also run just fine with the entire top cap off of it. Any thoughts would be appreciated and thanks so much. Ken
I would also include that when I crack open the top cover bolts there is a release of pressure as well. Thanks
Yeah the fiber governor ring is coming apart in the injector pump and stopping up the return line elbow. It has a tiny glass ball in it. Lots of people break it to get some more life out of it. It's a very common problem with a Roosa Master pump.
YUP.. flex ring.. The plastic ring clogs the return.. >> no fuel out = no fuel in.. and your relieving the housing pressure when you loosen that bolt. That's why some folks elect to remove the return connector and smash the ball and spring out.. THAT PROCEEDURE will get you out of a jam.. but its NOT a fix.. There are thousands of websites that address this.. just floogel.. flex ring/ roosa master.