Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Injector trim files. please help

Himmlimited ยท 2014-12-01 05:35

Hi, am new to the forum. I need trim files for below injectors. 3B1042210222 Confirm code 1253 3B1042210325 Confirm code 1373 Machine is cat 325dl excavator. C7 engine. Thank you.

Replies13
  1. #1trackdoc2014-12-01 08:10

    Is there a particular reason why you need the codes ? The engine will run perfectly well without them.

  2. #2Himmlimited2014-12-01 12:10

    Hi Above injectors are replacement for two bad injectors on the engine. Thanks

  3. #3trackdoc2014-12-01 19:22

    Why did the discs containing the files not come with the injectors ? As said, forget about them in Ghana. The machine will run just fine without them. What part of Ghana are you in ? Not been there in 4 years.

  4. #4pajibson2014-12-01 21:05

    I have a bunch of c7 trim files @ work I'll try and remember to look tomorrow. Hopefully some of the guys that actually have SIS access will be along here soon and they can help you out.

  5. #5Himmlimited2014-12-02 02:35

    We had these injectors for a while. Cant find disc and i dnt have sis either. Am in kumasi, Ashanti region. Were u working in d mines here?

  6. #6Himmlimited2014-12-02 02:39

    Thanks mate

  7. #7trackdoc2014-12-02 03:59

    Yea, worked for a mining contractor. I honestly wouldn't stress about the codes in a c7

  8. #8Himmlimited2014-12-02 08:12

    Its c7 acert enigine not c-7 atac Whats the purpose of trim files? What effect does it have on injector/engine if trim file is not installed?

  9. #9pajibson2014-12-02 08:45

    The ACERTs should run without the trim files but not as well. Some of the resident CAT experts would probably be able to explain it better than me. Not sure how much of a noticeable effect it will have running with out them. I'm going to go check and see if I have those files now. I had to log in to get the numbers since I forgot to write them down last night. you should be hearing from me soon either way.

  10. #10trackdoc2014-12-02 09:16

    The trim codes help with emission control, and also balance out microscopic differences between the injectors to make them all function in exactly the same manor. This is based on the theory that no 2 are identical. The codes make tiny adjustments to compensate for the small tolerances when they are manufactured. I have worked on cat equipment for 19 years, and was there right through the HEUI phase. I have been sent out to machines that would not except trim codes, and the ECM has calculated it's own value. I would bet a fair amount of money that you will not be able to tell the difference between having the codes and not. In the ideal world and in a developed country, I would trim the injectors. In the mining world, I am really not that bothered about it.

  11. #11pajibson2014-12-02 09:49

    I dont have those trim files in my collection. Like trackdoc said they will work without. If you really want to I can call the local CAT dealer and see if they'll get them for me.

  12. #12Himmlimited2014-12-02 15:25

    It will be great if u can get them. I really appreciate all the help and information. Will go ahead and start machine if i dnt those trim files.

  13. #13Himmlimited2014-12-02 15:34

    Thank you for clarification. I have another issue with 3126b engine today. We have diesel pouring out of the charger manifold into the exhaust system. We are unable to start machine. Whats the possible cause?? We are hoping to open the head tomorrow. Thanks