Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Input on the new kubota svl compact track loader line up?

jca57jd · 2009-03-28 16:25

What do yall guys think about the new kubota svl track loaders that are supost to come out at the end of this year? I personaly think they look prety good and i know that the svl90 is going to have high flow hydrolics! http://www.cntractors.net/images/coming-soon-svl75.jpg http://www.messicks.com/imageviewold.aspx?img=TrackLoader.jpg http://www.messicks.com/imageviewold.aspx?img=trackloader2.jpg http://www.messicks.com/imageviewold.aspx?img=SLV90.jpg

Replies19
  1. #1Digdeep2009-03-28 17:48

    I like the paint job. I've been told that the release has been pushed back to 2010 though and I still don't know why they would release the machine without the option of an enclosed cab especially with high flow. So much for the Northern US, brush cutters, stump grinders, snow blowers, etc.

  2. #2jca57jd2009-03-28 17:51

    Im sure that they will adventualy add that as a option. I didnt know that they didnt offer that yet. Good catch digdeep!

  3. #3mudmaker2009-03-28 22:24

    Is Kubota actually building it or are they making deals with another manufacturer?

  4. #4jca57jd2009-03-28 22:31

    Its all kubota because ive been able to search the web and get several specs on it and nobody elses mathes it. I emailed kubota to see if they would give me any more information but they turned me down!

  5. #5mudmaker2009-03-28 22:41

    That might be a machine worth looking at then. If it is anything like their tractors it will be a nice unit, maybe a little overpriced though! LOL. I would venture to say a cab will be offered.:beatsme Cant imagine jumping into the market without one available.

  6. #6John K2009-03-29 10:15

    Does the first generation units usually have bugs?

  7. #7Orchard Ex2009-03-29 10:49

    I'm wondering if that's part of the pushback of the release dates. I bet that they got some feedback from the dealers about not having a cab.:beatsme Kubota's pretty good about getting the bugs out, but every new model made will have a few. Hopefully they will be minor and addressed with line changes.

  8. #8Steve Frazier2009-03-30 16:33

    I bought Kubota's first zero turn mower, a ZD-28 that was very feature packed. I was running it about 30 hours a week for a 6 months stretch. One drive motor failed and there were a number of other hydraulic issues that were repaired under warranty but resulted in a great deal of down time. The drive motor job alone was close to $5000, one failed but they replaced both because they had a design flaw. After two years I traded it on an newer "improved" model. I've had numerous hydraulic issues with this machine as well, and currently have a drive motor assembly out to repair. It's out of warranty so it's my dime, but I'm getting by with just over $100 in parts. Trouble is it's a week wait for any parts ordered, more if it's back-ordered. Last season my down time with this machine was at least 25%, and that's unacceptable to me. I don't know if Kubota has different divisions for their construction equipment, but I'd be hesitant to buy one of these first units myself.

  9. #9tractor772010-05-06 17:39

    Kubota Track Loader Kubota delayed the release of the track loader due to the economy. They will be releasing the units starting June 2010. There are two models, one is 75hp and the other is 90 (with the high flow option). Units with cab and air conditioning will be available by the end of 2010. Both units are completely built from the ground up by Kubota. These new track loaders beat the other brands in almos every spec. I saw one of them recently at the world of concrete in Vegas.

  10. #10245dlc2010-05-06 18:39

    They look like the have forward visibility especially compared to the Bobcat T320. Hard to tell for rear visibility but they do have that bar that goes across the back I have no doubt if they will have a full cab with heat and A/C everybody else has it after all. I read somewhere recently that Volvo is going to market JCB's skid-steers and CTL's so the market is getting pretty busy.

  11. #11tractor772010-05-06 18:51

    Kubota's first generation of mowers were not the best mower on the market at that time. They have improved their diesel mowers and these mowers work fine. I personally work the model ZD331 w/ 72" mulching deck

  12. #12Digdeep2010-05-07 14:40

    For being "built from the ground up by Kubota" they sure look errily similar to the Takeuchi's in many ways

  13. #13cartzblown94z2010-05-07 15:31

    yea they remind me of an updated Tak too, sharp lookin regardless

  14. #14sqrl$$2010-05-15 14:21

    I have a buddy that is a dealer for Kubota and he is getting me the first 75 that he gets around the first week of June to try out. He said it was built from the ground up by Kubota, and that one of the key engineers used to design for Cat so there are alot of similarities to the Cat with respect to comfort/cab and control operations, but using a better track system more like the Tak. I have the specs and they seem real impressive. I can't wait to try one out. I just tried a Tak tl230 yesterday and I was not very impressed. I expected a monster for digging, but it didn't do any better than my S205 Bobcat. I am hopeing and expecting more from a kubota.

  15. #15Digdeep2010-05-15 21:03

    Kubota may have designed it from the ground up, but there is no denying that the machine has too many similarities to Takeuchi to be fluke. I really don’t see any similarity to the CAT machines. I do have some serious reservations related to your S205 outworking a TL230in a digging application. I simply can’t imagine an application other than maybe snow removal where the S205 would out perform the Takeuchi. I’m a former Bobcat salesman, currently own an S220 and an RC50 and I can flat out tell you that my RC50 outperforms my S220 in digging and pushing applications. The Takeuchi is at least 20% heavier than the S205 and puts way more traction to the ground. The track length alone is 24% longer than the 41” wheel base of the S205, not to mention that the entire wheel base for a skid does not contact the ground and the tires only put about 200-250 square inches of tire on the ground.

  16. #16sqrl$$2010-05-15 22:36

    I didn't say my S205 would outdig it, I said the tl230 didn't do any better. I was digging in hard red dirt used the same bucket to run each loader running one then getting on the other, and I could not tell any difference in what the Tak would do. I almost wonder if something might not have been right with it. I could go into the bank I was digging and dig the bucket in, but the lift/bucket would not even lift the back of the machine and just didn't feel like it had hardly any lift capacity. I had to use the "push" of the machine to load the bucket. When I took it back the dealer he was telling me about how strong these machines were that they had to have the buckets built extra strong. I got to thinking after I left that maybe something was wrong because it didn't have enough strength in the boom/bucket to ever tear up even a light duty bucket.

  17. #17sqrl$$2010-05-15 22:39

    I definately do see the resemblances to the Tak as well, but if you look at the cab design (ie. pedals, floor space etc.) it looks alot like the cat as well. Maybe they used the strengths of each and combined them into what hopefully will be a great machine. Everything else Kubota I have been around has been good stuff.

  18. #18Digdeep2010-05-15 23:02

    Takeuchi has some of the strongest breakouts in the industry...far superior to Bobcat's. If the 205 could do as much as the TL230 I'm willing to bet that there is something wrong with the machine. Most of the Takeuchi's have breakouts that exceed their tipping loads.

  19. #19sqrl$$2010-05-15 23:10

    specs show the Tak to be far superior in lift capacity and breakout, that is why I think maybe something might have not been right with it. Everybody I have talked to said the Tak is a digging monster.