Hello all. Looking for some help. Any one know what model and year this is. And what motor is in it ? Owner is not sure. Thanks in advance.
K12 maybe a Chrysler Inline six with a 6volt battery maybe original engine
The silver paint on the exhaust is a nice touch. Does it run? A backyard dragline would be handy to have around, for gardening and such chores.
They stated it had 8 cylinder inline however they are not familiar with the machine , not sure if its part of an estate . I would like to find something older if possible. My dream would be steam power but they are like hens teeth. We are very familiar with steam tractors. Be cool to have shovel.
I've heard of straight 8's in those which makes it easy to figure out what it is. Looks like it's a runner. So many friction machines around that haven't moved in years.
Years ago I helped a friend move an Insley that his Dad had that had set for many years. Had a Buda inline 6 gasser in it.
Looks like the same K Series I have. Mine had a Buda 6 cylinder stock when I got it. Chain drive made an easy swap to a detroit 3 cylinder with a twin disk clutch. That was over 20 years ago and still running good today!
Doesn't look like a Chrysler engine but I'm not familiar with all the engine models.
Thats a K for sure, maybe a K12 but those are K10 counterweights that are doubled up. It's an old one, probably from the 40s. I had one like it. You can tell the old ones from the gas tank location, the cab door and the way it switches from swing to travel. It will also have a gear drive instead of a chain.