We went for a hike and right by the trailhead I spotted this old Insley and had to take some pics. I found another site that had auctioned one off and listed the weight at ~114,000 pounds. It went for $10,000 in 2006. I would have guessed closer to 80,000 They probably unpinned the stick cylinder so they could chain it up to drag it. Big self loading counterweight. Love the old school full hinge slick tracks. Two different boom pin positions. Seriously cool old skool simple thumb. Next time I go out I will remember to take pictures of the controls.
bucket looks good, still holds water and skeeters and tadpoles. Inside crane style drives.
Wow! That’s awesome!Worked around a 1500,1000 ,560 when I first got in the trades.3500 big iron, with a thumb!
Oops not sure if it’s a 3500,2500 maybe?
Years ago, we were riding bikes along the MKT Trail near Boonville MO, and in the middle of nowhere, between the cliffs and the river was a long-abandoned Northwest Dragline. It will be quite an effort to get it out of there--even cut up (if it's still there). When I see equipment like that, I wonder what lead up the abandonment; what's the story? Did it quit running and they just walked away? Were they planning on moving it to the next job, and the next job didn't happen? Were they planning on coming back for it? Is the property owner okay with it sitting there?
It's a 3000, and I just noticed it has *3* boom cylinders LOL!! My first excavator experience was an H-1500 just like this one, minus the cab glass. It had detroit probably 6-71. This H3000 looks to have an 8v71.
Yeah there we go! Still remember the Detroit diesel screamin!
We had a long stick on ours, most of our cuts were 18 to 20 foot.I still remember right foot bucket control left foot dipper,right hand boom,left hand swing crazy!
I forgot to take pictures Steve but I will get them next time. I'm curious to figure out which one they used for the thumb lol. The travel levers look to be right next to the seat under your right hand.
Thanks skyking1,really strange to see the thumb.I was trying to remember where the travel levers were,seems like the location you said were about right!Brings back a lot of memories!
yes this is a hike I will do again. I cannot believe I did not see the 3 boom cylinders when I was there. I can find other pictures with two. strange!
I think this same machine was posted on machinery trader, it was only being sold for parts and they for some reason would not let the whole machine go.