Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Install a Bobcat Window

accumac ยท 2009-03-01 18:25

I have been watching this site and thought you guys might be able to use this little bit of information that I posted on my website. Feel free to let me know if you have other methods of installing windows. This is a link to my website tech article about my experience of dealing with a Bobcat G Series door glass. Accumac http://accuratemachinery.com/stories/Story.2008-05-15.3510

Replies4
  1. #1mouse2009-03-02 05:50

    i had a window pop out cause the operator got bored and tried to see what the emergency exit toggle did. like you i asked my local dealer and he said about 3 hours and advised me to take it to a glazer. i managed to get a mechanic to do it for $145 which is probably cheap. thanks for the info btw!

  2. #2TALLRICK2009-03-03 00:44

    I would like to know how they do it in the factory. Got stuck putting one of those in and it took over an hour. Even worse, it was a favor for a friend Same thing, he played with it and the glass fell out. I hope I never get stuck with that job again.

  3. #3bobcatmechanic2009-03-03 13:53

    if they aren't shattered or the frame tweaked about 20 min use glass cleaner dont pull the seal out of the frame big help pop the seal lip on the front out pull the cord out of the back sit window in use seal pic or hose pic run around seal and glass put in pop front lip back in place put rip strip in back done

  4. #4tacotory2009-08-08 11:43

    My T300 is missing the front door, so I am looking at having to perform this task. I found a guy that has the door frame, but no glass in it.