Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Installing forks on back hoe / loader

Home Builder ยท 2015-04-03 18:19

Hi All, I am new to this forum. I recently purchased a Ford 655C backhoe loader and would like to purchase a set of forks to install on the loader end of the backhoe for lifting cubes of cement block and other materials stacked on wood pellets. I searched the internet and found two basic designs for this application. One type of fork system simply bolts to the bottom of the lower lip of the loader and the other design has a round bar that is attached with steel gussets that are welded to the top lip of the loader and the tines of the forks have the ability to slide along the round steel bar for adjusting width of distance between the forklift tines. I am looking for opinions as to which system is best to go with and name of any manufacturer you would like to recommend? I would appreciate any input. Thank You

Replies1
  1. #1Delmer2015-04-03 21:32

    The best are the ones that pin on instead of the bucket, more common on wheel loaders. Some you can actually see the forks when you're trying to load. And the load isn't hanging way out front. Next best is the ones that hang off the top of the bucket. Distant third are the bolt onto the bottom lip of the bucket, just too much weight that the bucket wasn't designed for.