Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Insurance???

Z'mnypit ยท 2010-09-24 15:40

Any of you have fire and theft insurance on your skid steer? If so which company are you using?

Replies6
  1. #1Komatsu 1502010-09-24 17:30

    We're actually with State Farm. Fire and theft insurance is pretty cheap even if skids are the most stolen machine there is (I think).

  2. #2Z'mnypit2010-09-24 17:46

    Good, My homeowners is with statefarm. Ill call them up Thanks!

  3. #3bpogue2010-09-25 16:14

    My equipment insurance is tied in to my general liability. Equipment insurance seems relatively cheap to me. I have had Continental Western for several years. Now they are getting out of the contractor business. At renewal this year we bid it out and went to State Auto. Check with an independent agent who can market it out to several companies.

  4. #4xcmark2010-09-26 11:21

    I have theft insurance on my unit , it can be parked anywhere and it based on cost of replacement of unit and attachmnets. $25000 in equipmnet cost me $570.00 each year with a $1000 deductable. This is a policy just for the equipment , its not part of my home owners.

  5. #5powerjoke2010-09-26 11:29

    we buy insurance at $.13 per $100 so and cannot find any better deal around, we can insure any machine at any amount that we want to. The reason we over insure things is that if we was to have a loss I wont have time to bargain shop and will have a little lost time that needs made up for as well. oh, as far as who its with?.....beats me! We buy it at the local insurance dealer and he shops several carriers so it changes 2-3 times per year Pj

  6. #6Darb2010-12-29 23:28

    Best rates I found is State Farm. They are covering a rodent wiring disaster as we speak.