Whats everyone paying for insurance? The closer to me the better, but lets hear from everyone. I'm considering the idea of buying a tandem dump truck from a friend, the truck itself seems like a good deal but I just cant swallow the monthly cost of insurance. (not to mention registration) I haven't talked with my agent yet, but from the online progressive quote i got I'm wondering how any small company can make any money with a truck? I'm mainly interested in the convince of hauling my own equipment and material. But its starting to seem like if the truck isn't running 3-4 days a week, its just going to cost me money. I also have a not so great driving record working against me :Banghead But it still seemed crazy with a good driving record. So....... What do you guys pay and what company are you with?
??? Is everyone rolling without insurance these days?
Probably no correlation between Commie-fornia and SC, but I just sold out of the trucking business. I was paying about $3600/yr for tandem tractors with good drivers. Some around here were paying $2500, but not for dump trailers. Also, don't get hung up on ins. costs and forget the gov't sees those things as rolling ATMs. Tags, HVUT, lots of state taxes, and it costs a couple of hundred to get to talk to a DOT officer.
Thanks for the reply mitch. I can see exactly why you jumped ship on the trucking business. Our government looks at any business like an ATM.
But appointments with the dot easily obtained this day and age.