Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Insurance in Alberta or BC for CTL

RandyAB ยท 2012-12-06 17:10

I just bought myself a Kubota SVL90-2 CTL which is for personal use. My problem is that I can't add this on to my existing home policy. They won't do it. Does anybody in BC or Alberta know who would underwrite such a policy? I hate to leave such an investment unprotected. Also, what kind of anti theft devices are people putting on their machines? I see the EZ-lock system looks very interesting. Randy

Replies4
  1. #1bill onthehill2012-12-06 20:19

    I cover all my equipment with a farm policy. Might be worth a check around and see if they will write one for you.

  2. #2RandyAB2012-12-06 20:32

    Ya, that has come up. I don't know what qualifies as a "farm" but I will look into it. This is a seasonal property with 24 acres. I don't produce anything with the land although it is in the agricultural land reserve for the district. Thanks for the suggestion Bill.

  3. #3bill onthehill2012-12-06 20:40

    Hey, if the weeds and a few trees are growing you are raising something. Even if it is just a few deer.

  4. #4RandyAB2012-12-06 20:45

    Nobody wants to buy my weeds though I don't know why, they are very pretty weeds