Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Insurance question

Gilmourtrucking ยท 2010-10-30 11:10

I'm planning on buying a single axle dump with a plow and sander, and will be plowing for the local and or the state DOT. I'm located in CT and I was wondering if anyone had some information on what I would need for insurance and about what the cost would be. Just trying to budget everything out so any information would be helpful. thank you

Replies2
  1. #1Aliate2010-10-30 15:24

    Most likely you will need some sort of liability and a vehicle policy, find a business insurance agent, then can give you quotes, its pretty quick, my two commercial trucks are about 1700 each a year and liability for excavation, which is much more hazardous is about 7k I believe for the year, Id have to check, I stopped my liability policy for a while bc things got slow.

  2. #2Raildudes dad2010-11-02 19:45

    The govt agency that you work for will have minimum requirements for insurance. Call their purchasing / contracts person and ask. Then take the requirements to your agent. The agency I work for will not let anyone go bare. No current up to date certificates, no contract.