I have been trying to get insurance for my equipment and can't get it done. No one wants to cover it. Who is everyone using? I have a LLC for the buisness and it is a mulching, fence clearing, row maintaince type of buisness. I need to cover my loader, trailer, and attachments. I also need 2 million in liabilty. All equipment is brand new and just sitting till I can get insurance. I'm in South Texas
maybe you aren't looking for the right kind of insurance. I'm assuming your asking for coverage on the equipment for theft, fire, etc. if that is the case, then what you need is called Inland Marine Insurance. Google it. I'm sure you will find someone to cover you. Best bet is to contact a broker that deals in commercial insurance in your area and let them rate shop for you. If your asking for coverage to cover you in case you screw up, causing damage or something, then you need general liability insurance. Both type of insurance are good to have and depending on how new your equipment is or if it is financed, will be required.
Yes I am trying to get Inland marine insurance. All $140,000 worth of equipment is paid in full. I have found a couple that will insure if it is financed or leased but I paid cash. I need my stuff insured and yes I need general liability to start signing service contracts. I know what I need just can't find it, yet. Its killing me all this 2014 equipment sitting in my shop and contracts on hold because of insurance.
Have you called any brokers? I just don't see how paying cash for something is relevant to insurance costs. I've never had that problem. Try Erie or Liberty mutual. I know both companies can insure you. I have Erie myself. You could always contact the company that manufactured your equipment. When I bought my last Cat machine they offered insurance, it was slightly more and I opted out since I had mine already.
Call Fullhart Insurance and tell them where you are and what you need. They're a long way away and maybe can't write a policy themselves but I'll bet they can hook you up. In thirty years of doing business with them for both business and personal insurance they have never failed to be helpful and go above and beyond my expectations and believe me I can be a challenge to insure at times! Here's the contact info: Fullhart Insurance Agency, Inc. 13535 SW 72nd Ave Suite 100 Tigard, OR 97223 Phone: 503-598-9400 Toll Free: 1-800-752-8539 Fax: 503-598-9410
I have what is called a marine policy on my equipment that still has a money borrowed on it, it costs me 250.00$ a year to have my mini ex covered . My contractors insurance is a different deal, it insures me against property damage etc.. it also covers my tools as well....I dont want insurance, I want assurance !
Moved this thread to In the Office as it pertains to insurance. Search your local insurance agents, there will be one that carries contractor policies. We have an inland marine policy on equip. and $2M GL.
Auto Owners, Travelers (if your net worth is 500k+), Westfield, Your local AGC chapter should have a few brokers that are members/advertisers.