Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Insurance rates

humboldt deere ยท 2008-12-20 20:31

So with the residential home sales market at a complete stand still, I am looking at new directions for my business. I would like to bid as a sub on some upcoming projects doing underground work and some concrete flat work a new hotel and school remodels. I know I can be competetive, I own my equipment I don't have any business loans, and in the past bidding I have been right where I need to be. So heres the thing, I need to get insurance from an admitted A rated company. I have an A and B license and the best quote I have gotten is $26,000 per year. What are you guys paying for $1,000,000 general liability insurance. Is this the standard rate or am I getting reamed. This is something I am going to buy, but for that price I will have to stay very busy, which has been tough lately, partly because of my limits in what jobs I am able to bid. Even if your not in ca. I'd like to hear what you pay, Thanks :drinkup

Replies1
  1. #1Speedpup2009-01-07 09:59

    My commercial masonry business is 4.1% in Long Island NY for GL. I am limited to 60' in height. Funny years ago when I started in 1975 it was about 2% for GL.