Hi evryone , I am looking to start a renting busnisse to renting out compact machine but i was wondering about insurance talk to a couple of big insurance compagnie and they seem clueless about it wath about if i rent it to someone and they hit a gaz line and blow up an entier sub divistion ??? Any contact for a canadien base insurance broker that know how rental insurance works ? Sorry for my terrible english i am a freench speeking guy
The local equipment dealers require the renter to obtain the insurance as an addition to the renter's g/l policy - they don't offer it to the renter. The rental company's offer a damage waiver which I have been taught is more limiting of a coverage. My G/L policy specifically prohibits me from renting any of my equipment (which is fine with me since I would not allow it). ~ These are not the answers you may be looking for. ~~~~~~~~~~~~ I did a web search for 'equipment rental company insurance' and on the first page of the results readily found a large insurance company with lists of programs: 735300 and 735399 for heavy construction equipment rental. I hear of certain individuals will loan or rent equipment and always wondered if they have the proper insurance - I have never inquired or been involved with these folks as "the deal" seemed to likely be fraught with pitfalls. Pls lets us know how things work out.
bob_00. Please research the American Rental Association. I'm pretty sure they operate in Canada. It's your best resource for rental related questions and they have an Insurance Company. (At least in US) They have seen almost everything possible. PM me with questions or reply here.