Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

INT E211 pan Scraper

Diggerdozer ยท 2011-01-19 00:30

HI can anyone give me some ideas on what these are like, I have found one with a 2 speed allison out to be repaired and wondering how easy they are to get parts for run well until trans gave way I want to use it to do one big job and then restore and preserve it but needs to earn its keep first . I want to extend a dam and will do it using old machines taken quietly or looked after is a better term , we have a D9 D potentially coming in as well, so thought this could be good to pick up and move topsoil to other areas of the farm . Besides the transmission it seems to be ok with 2 bearings need to be done what are you rthought s thankyou in advance

Replies5
  1. #1WabcoMan2011-01-19 16:48

    Hi diggerdozer, Well the E211's aren't too bad - certainly nicer to operate than a Cat 613. BUT - they were never issued with an Allison transmission so the one you're looking at has had a transplant at some stage. Original transmission was a Twin-Disc. The engine can be a drain on the wallet if you don't look after it & feed it clean oil at the scheduled change times. Turbo's can be costly but that is true of most turbocharged engines these days My 2c worth.

  2. #2Diggerdozer2011-01-20 21:37

    HI WabcoMan thankyou for your input I googled a E211 for sale in New Zealand and it is listed with a 2 speed allison as well , could it have been an export version or a common replacement perhaps/ A transmission mate in Brisbane also referred to the tranmission as a Allison 2 speed being normal. He went on to point out that if there is wear in the transmssion and torque coverter that the housing can be damaged and cost $10,000 to replace thankyou for you rhelp

  3. #3RDG2011-01-21 16:27

    If I were you I would be going for a 412 scraper as they had the 466 engine and a 4 speed tranny. I spent many an hour in the seat of E 200 E211 & 412s as well as a bit on 613Bs back in NZ. I would have the 412 as 1st choice for a small clean up machine. Cheers RDG.

  4. #4jjwhite22011-03-03 10:21

    I have a 412 scraper. Love it. But it loses clutch pressure occasionally and wont pull. Its full of fluid. What do I do? Sorry bout this post. It wont let me do a new one yet.

  5. #5clansing12011-03-03 14:18

    Dresser/International Scrapers I would definitely go with 1989 or newer Dresser 412B as opposed to a E211 or International 412B. The 1989 Dresser has the 505 Cummins, which is a better motor than the previous IH 466 or the IH motor in a E211. They also improved the power steering on the newer model. The 412B's all had the Rockford Twin Disc full power shift transmissions with 4 forward and reverse speed.