Mate over in NZ sent these too me recently. Have to admit, I have never seen anything like them before. Anyone ever used one or seen them in action anywhere.
new to me as well,,very interesting, thanks for posting
Someone with too much time and money on their hands too build those
As far a I know, that machine is a one of a kind built by a guy that people here call Prairie Ron for his Company called Prairie road builders. pretty sure its called a SG-18 . hes come up with a few other interesting machines as well, 25m Grader, that crawler/scraper in the picture above, and a 988 loader running backwards so it can pull a disker/ripper jut to name a few . Iv seen all these machines here in Calgary Alberta in the last couple years, but I don't know where they are now.
Hmm, definetly interesting.
Here is the original thread on the D57T --
Cheers kanewolf, interesting read.
I get the D57T, but am curious as to the function of the other thing (scraper with blade attachment). Is there a specific task that this hybrid will do that a normal dozer or blade would not?
As I understand it, it is built to spread and mix wet material. It has more weight and power than most any grader, and is way faster than any dozer. With the angle blade, it mixes better than a big rubber tire dozer as well.
Well, okay I guess. Obviously whomever spent the time and money to create it had a need. It looks as if it articulates behind the blade circle and in front of the rear power unit, which would allow it to offset track the front/rear wheels. The cost per hour to run this critter vs another machine that might accomplish the same thing is still a bit of a puzzle to me, but I will surely keep an open mind about it.
Here is some more info on the S-18G http://socalearthmovers.com/forum/index.php?topic=36.0 http://socalearthmovers.com/forum/index.php?topic=220.0 The guy builds some interesting gear.
Thanks!
That's interesting info, I'm a bit like Oxbow though, does the price justify the means. Obviously if you have deep pockets then what the hell "just frikkin build it", the only downside would be, after each "special need project" is finished, your going to end up with a yard full of special equip that may or may not ever turn a wheel again. Unless each piece was able to be used like lego, snap a blade off and click on a ripper for example.....Cheers for the link Jerry. Drew
If u go to the EMF forum there is more stuff on them there.
Cheers RD, you don't which thread by any chance..???? Drew
Me too. Actually, I'm new on this and these photos are really interesting.
Necessity is the mother of invention, he has to have a need for what he's making otherwise he'd never make the stuff in the first place, as for being strange or one of a kind, everything that has ever been made was at one time in that catagory.