Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

interesting D6M blade

9420pullpan · 2006-04-22 19:27
Replies12
  1. #1Dozerboy2006-04-22 22:06

    That's a new one cool.

  2. #2farmerted442006-04-23 04:53

    good looking dozer also

  3. #3rino14942006-04-23 09:00

    pretty neat

  4. #4PSDF3502006-04-23 11:30

    I saw something simular to that yesterday. But was doing 50 and no time to stop.

  5. #5Tigerotor77W2006-04-23 19:13

    It's a D6N, but no worries. The blade can be ordered on LGP-machines and serves to reduce the transport width of the machine.

  6. #6Wulf2006-04-23 20:03

    Blimey... I thought thats what it was for because I've seen it on some mini-excavators so that they could get through doors. I'd never seen it on a 'big' dozer though1

  7. #7Dozerboy2006-04-23 22:06

    Well that ain't so cool I was guessing it was some sort on V blade.

  8. #8Tigerotor77W2006-04-23 22:15

    Mmm, I can't find any information on the blade other than what's in French here: http://photostp.free.fr/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=423&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=lame&start=20 This reply: "C'est pour le transport du bull, ca évite d'être en convoie exceptionnel" means that it's for the roading of the dozer; it avoids the necessity of having the "wide load" signs. But I can't find anything from Cat proper, even though I thought I've seen it before. Anyhow, there are some other pictures of the blame in the link above.

  9. #9diversified man2008-06-29 19:09

    i have that machine its for transport. lol

  10. #10Dwan Hall2008-06-29 19:34

    How does it handle back blading?

  11. #11diversified man2008-06-29 20:10

    there is a pin in the back it is not a d6m its the d6n it is the best dozer i have ever bought back grading no complaints here!

  12. #12CM19952008-06-29 20:36

    Hey pullpan - D6M? come on, I can't believe you mislabeled that. I saw one of those blades when we were at Conexpo, but I don't think it was on a Cat.