Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Interesting job. Launching newly built tugboat. Iron pics included!

KrayzKajun ยท 2012-12-04 22:01

Took a few days off to operate equipment for a buddy on a very kool job. We are launching a newly built tug boat into the Mississippi river. We will lift the boat using custom built air bags and machines to manuever and as an anchor point. Iron on site: Cat D6, Cat D5 dozers, Cat 330 excavator & Cat 259b loader. I was running the 259 today & will be running the d5 2morrow. We got rained out today while staging the crane mats & airbags. We built a sand ramp to slide the rug down into the river. Here are the pics from today, will take lots more 2morrow.

Replies6
  1. #1KrayzKajun2012-12-04 22:11
  2. #2mitch5042012-12-04 22:31

    Keep them coming, I love getting to do those one-off jobs, next best is living vicariously through others.

  3. #3Hendrik2012-12-05 01:33

    They don't make em like they used to http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/...-A86D-8FD836045957-12281-0000070F1B8C6E4E.jpg they are dissolving in the rain. Made of sugar?

  4. #4CM19952012-12-05 06:37

    Neat job Cajun!:drinkup Thanks for sharing. So ya'll build a sand ramp, put some heavy duty air bags under the tug, inflate and maneuver the tug into the water? Fascinating! I want to see the rest of the operation.

  5. #5Cletus2012-12-05 10:41

    This is a common task at the company I work for. It is an amazing way to move things.

  6. #6KrayzKajun2012-12-05 10:50

    More pics: taking a break due to more damn rain.