Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Interfacing Peak Can Bus with J1939

Meme002 ยท 2022-11-04 11:37

Hello All, I need some of your thoughts on how to diagnose the issue. I am trying to interface PCANUSB with J1939 port in Kenworth T 800 (2008 trucks). IT has nine pin deusche connector. This is the pin diagram reference https://www.peak-system.com/PCAN-Cable- ... html?&L=1. This is the J1939 port I am trying to connect to. When I tried to connect to PCAN, I dont see any data frames being listened. I am not sure what the issue is. Then I did some reading I found here. (no external links allowed - read forum rules !! the admin ) "xxx.terex.com/docs/librariesprovider7/tech-tips/techtip_87.pdf" The article mentioned I check the voltages betwen pin c (Can High) and pin D (Can low). when I do that I get around 0 Volts. It should be 2.3 ~ 2.5 Volts. Let me know where should I look at next. Thanks, Meme002

Replies3
  1. #1cfherrman2022-11-04 12:49

    Check the resistance, you might have a broken wire

  2. #2Coaldust2022-11-04 17:27

    For sure, might be something wrong with the bus on the KW.

  3. #3Birken Vogt2022-11-04 21:32

    Are you 100% sure you are on the right pins? It is always a gamble whether they are indexing into the front or back of the connector. CAN HI and CAN LO should both easily show ~2.5 volts DC above system ground. But voltage between them will not be much to speak of unless there is a ton of data flowing.