Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Internatioal Dura Star 4300 SBA 4×2 / Elgin sweeper co. Crosswind J 2010

usmcmechanic45 ยท 2016-02-18 02:30

good afternoon, I have an international Dura Star 4300 SBA 4x2 / modified by Elgin sweeper Company model Crosswind j ** date 2010. I have 2 diff ones with similar issues. for one of them the headlights work but the brights don't. also the engine will not start or crank. I changed starters and the ignition switch out. they are both good. I am going to check the neutral safety to see if it is getting power. the batteries are good as well. I think it may possibly be an ECU issue with the Chasis? due to the fact the lights do not have a fuse or relay. any ideas would be nice and as well as how to test for them.

Replies1
  1. #1usmcmechanic452016-02-18 03:41

    turns out though the TM tells me there is a neutral safety switch. I can not locate one from where it is telling me. so I do not know if it is missing or if this just doesn't have one. I don't know why it wouldn't, considering the vehicle only starts in nuteral on the gear selector.