Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International 175 engine question

Wiatowski ยท 2014-11-15 15:00

Was wondering if anyone can tell me how to identify what engine is in my machine. 6 cyl. Turbo. And I think its either a straight 175 or a later 175b. Also should I put and oil or block heater in it.

Replies4
  1. #1sheepfoot2014-11-15 18:37

    I seem to think the 175 had the DT 361 engine, The (B) used the DT 361 and later the DT 407, the (C) used the D350 then the DT 466. I like the block heaters myself. I will try to get some S/N locations for the engine.

  2. #2boone2014-11-15 22:15

    The SN location on the 466 is on the left side of the block, high center (see red circle in picture). Not sure if it's the same location on the other engines mentioned. But this might give you a starting point.

  3. #3Wiatowski2014-11-17 23:22

    That would be awesome. Thanks

  4. #4Wiatowski2014-11-17 23:30

    I'm going to say it's a 361... it doesn't have freeze plugs though... So do I put the block heater here????