Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

international 3400a backhoe hydraulic problem

FrankPetroski ยท 2016-04-05 18:26

I have an inernational 3400 a backhoe. I used the machine and it worked perfect. I parked it, about 2 days later I realized I left the hoe up, I walked around the back and pulled the boom and lowered it down slowly. The next time I went to use it about 2 weeks later I started it let it run to warm up, I got on it reached behind and pulled the lever to raise the backhoe boom and no response. The backhoe boom, the dipper stick, stabilizers, and the bucket will not work. The swing left and right works fine, the steering works fine and the front end loader works but very slow and if you pull any lever on the back end then nothing in the front works. Since then I took the external pump off sent it out but it was not broke, they said check the pressure release valves and I checked all I could find. All new filters and new hydraulic oil didn't help. Does anyone have any idea what I can try or what could be wrong. It dont have gauges to check the pressure. Any ideas?

Replies5
  1. #1Wes J2016-04-05 19:57

    Something in the valve block is stuck or not allowing the oil to go where it needs to go. It's really hard to say without seeing the machine.

  2. #2FrankPetroski2016-04-05 20:40

    When you say the valve the block to you mean the spools where all the levers hook up to?

  3. #3Billrog2016-04-05 21:15

    Have you tried cycling the boom a no. of times ? I'm sure it will be something simple.

  4. #4Wes J2016-04-05 21:17

    Yes. The swing probably works because there is no real load on it. The power steering is a separate system.

  5. #5jimg9842016-04-06 19:49

    you could have lean on the hyd switching valve on the fender one way works the steering other way worked backhoe