Hey guys, looking at expanding our business to our first 5 yard+ truck with a 2007 international 4200. Looking at it on Monday (it's a few towns over) I can't find a lot of information online for this model year, and the owner doesn't know much about it, though it appears in great condition. He says it has a 200hp engine? Any reviews on this truck? Does that engine HP seem low to anybody else? Any guesses on towing capacity? We tow 17k on the trailer regularly and our 2010 Chevy 3500 doesn't like it very much... Looking at adding 20,000 to this truck for towing and worried about the low HP. Any input for a noob would be great. Thanks!
If you post the vin, I can tell you the motor and the hp rating if you would like.
They start off at 200 hp, but don’t know till we get a VIN for it.
I have 275hp with a dt530e and I sure wouldn't want any less. I should regear the truck down a little bit but honestly it doesn't bother me all that much with the automatic. Just stand on the pedal and let the truck do the rest.
There is a 4200 around here that looks like that. I believe they refer to the engine in ours as a VT365. It is a blue V8. It has been replaced once and blown the head gaskets once. It is bullet proofed now? Has over 200,000 miles on it. That is the same basic engine as the Ford 6.0 Power Stroke. Will handle the weight better the your Chevy but will not like a hill. I thank the one here with with a DT and DPF is a 4400. It has had several expensive emission and fuel system repairs but is much better truck than the 6.0. That engine almost made 350,000 miles before replacement.