Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International 4900 Specs

flametamer ยท 2012-02-07 09:12

Where can I find specs for an International 4900? When I search for them, the only thing that comes back is used trucks for sale. Dt

Replies6
  1. #1The Engine Shed2012-02-07 20:36

    Call your local IH truck dealer with the VIN and they should be able to print you out a spec list .

  2. #202Dmax2012-02-07 22:18

    What kind of specs are you looking for? 4900 is just kind of a generic model number. Like a Pete 379.

  3. #3flametamer2012-02-07 23:09

    I'm mainly trying to find the GVRW. Or atleast the difference between the 4700 series. Dt

  4. #4pickles2012-02-08 22:54

    well there are single axle 4900's and tandem axle 4900's....

  5. #5CM19952012-02-09 07:09

    There were several combinations, like Pickles said their were single and tandem 4900's and I have even seen tri-axle 4900 dumps. Basic breakdown- 4700 Series - most of the trucks were 26K GVWR and single axle, however there were combinations of front an rear axles that put the GVW at 28K-33K lbs. The most common set up is a 8K front and 17.5K rear for a 25.5K GVW 4900 Series - Usually 33K to above 60K lb GVW but you can also find a few 26K lb GVW 4900's floating around but they are rare. The most common single axle setup is 12K front and 21K rear for a 33K GVW You will have to inspect each truck to determine the exact specs, as each one can be different.

  6. #6flametamer2012-02-09 12:41

    Thanks for all the replys. I didn't realize their was such a broad range of payloads for them. Anyway, we got the truck yesterday.(eariler than I thought) It is a 1992 4900 6x6, 46000 GVRW. It is a fromer Seebee dump truck. Thanks again, Dt