2000 IH / NAVSTAR 8100 Dash cluster problems Hey guys! I've got a really annoying problem. The dash cluster in my 8100 is working intermittently. On start up it cycles properly but once on the road it will " freeze " sometimes . By that I mean that the gauges ( all of them ) will stop moving. For instance I looked down while in a school zone and the tach and speedo said I was still going fifty at 1500 rpm when I know for sure that was not true. I pulled the cluster out this weekend , checked all connections, used dielectric grease on all connections , checked all mounts and grounds and reassembled. Then checked battery connections. Still having the same problem. Any one had this problem before ? Suggestions????
yes my father had this problem on 4 internationals and 3 of them i sent the cluster to get rebuilt locally and problem went away and one of them it had a bad connection on the harness and when you would shake the wires on the cluster in the center of it by the steering column the gauges would start working but i sold that truck way before we ever sent it to be fixed. these trucks were all 97-01 4700's with dt466
here is a link i had in my favorites for a while http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f33/international-4700-instrument-cluster-problem-269880/
Good to know. I wondered if it was the circuit board. Will check it out. Thanks !:thumbsup
I have a 4700LP with the exact same problem. Any news on yours dirtmonkey?
Wish I could tell you something good but , no. I've been too busy and couldn't do with out the truck. Sorry man :beerchug. I plan on having the circuit board checked, just don't know when. I'm having the same trouble in another thread about fixing my Ctl bucket. Asked for all the good advice and BAM ! Too busy to work on it. That's what I get for thinking I may have free time. :Banghead I need a break !! :dizzy
A friend of mine has some international trucks and another works @ dealer ship we have had seen this problem on some trucks. there is a ground stud that goes thru fire wall on drivers side I think its above clutch pedal. its got wires hooked on both sides of fire wall with nuts check both sides of stud make shure they are tight and grounded good. they have known to come loose and cause all kinds of problems.also check for more grounding studs some trucks have more than one GOOD LUCK
Get cluster rebuilt or new one. Our municpal trucks have all had the dash clusters changed.