Would like some suggestions where to buy parts for the old engine in the Gallion crane. Thinking it's a 1975.... Looking specifically for the bracket which holds the fan blade, and allows for belt adjustment and tensioning. Shown in the pictures.... Thanks.
Welding the one you have may be a faster solution.
Got a little rambuctious trying to put on the new belts? Or just rusted and stuck together? I'd try the guys down in houston from your other post, they've probably scrapped out some of these and may have some parts laying around.
George Lopez at Craneco in Texas was helpful, but was unable to provide any knowledge of a source to obtain a new, or used one. The part is made of cast, and I was hesitant.... but, I took it to a welding company. They put it back together, and we're all hoping it doesn't fail. I re-installed it, started the engine, and.... so far, so good. I'll be listening for the sound it made when it came apart, as I sat in the seat, with the engine idling. Didn't take long to shut it down... avoiding the fan flying into the radiator.
Hopefully you replaced the bearings while you had it out?
Might try Equipment Salvage in Cambridge Oh. It looks similar to the brackets used on UD236 engines in 503 Galion graders.