Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International IH backhoe transmission

obb ยท 2013-07-13 19:18

Well I don't know if you'd be interested but I thought I would share.i pulled the floorboard out of the tractor to get to the top of the transmission I pulled off a mixing valve for the transmission it apparently goes to the hydraulic transmission torque converter I think, when I pulled the mixer valve off realized that one of the tubes had slid into the transmission apparently the pressure side it has one rubber O-ring and one neoprene O-ring split to slide on underneath it is a still two-piece ring that holds the tube from sliding back in to the transmission so my problem is locating these two still half rings I'm open to any suggestions on locating these parts ps I did add the pitchers pitcher is worth 1000 words how thank you everyone have a great day

Replies3
  1. #1sheepfoot2013-07-13 22:27

    The tube to the rear is reverse and the tube to the front is forward, you should be able to get it threw caseih. The lock slides down the tube, then the two retainers are inserted and pushed down to lock it in the up. These part # may help you out (4) 402865R1 lock @ $10.32, (2) 402864R! retainer @ $12.59, (2) 86512844 o ring @ $00.90, (2) 401017R1 b/o ring @ $10.22 each. Try to give the model of your machine like IH 3500 backhoe, hours on it, data s/n, this helps others to try and help you. These part numbers were used on a hydro/stat IH awhile back under the drive control valve, and like said (may) work for you.

  2. #2obb2013-07-14 15:17

    Thank you.. I think you hit the nail on the head the tractor is a 1979 international IH no hours the meter was destroyed not working...

  3. #3obb2013-07-14 15:29

    ok here's a pic I tried to download on the last file but didn't go thank you again