Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Intro – Saying hey.

norrodbh ยท 2005-03-07 13:29

(ok - figured out where to post my intro.) Hi Folks ! Looks like a great site you all have here. digger242j pointed me in this direction, so I wanted to introduce myself. Another guy from Pittsburgh area. I am currently running a small excavating operation (Mostly bobcat services), and plowing/de-icing in the winter months. Grew up in Western New York where I first plowed snow during the Blizzard of 77'. This was while I was in highschool, working as a mechanic for an excavating company. After a couple of years, I went back to school and went into the electronic/computer field. After 20 years, decided I was real tired of working for a corporation, so I am trying to break out. And since you can never get the dirt digging out of your blood, I only had one place to run. I still doing computer/network consulting while I get my excavating biz into high gear. Not a lot of snow pushing this season in South Western PA, but I am tossing a lot of salt to pay the bills. My small operation can bee seen at my web site Hope I can contribute to the discussion. Thanks ! Brent

Replies3
  1. #1badranman2005-03-07 14:53

    Hello Brent, welcome to HEF. Looks like you have roughly the same operation as I do, mini-x and skidsteer etc. Hope we can learn from each other. :waving

  2. #2Steve Frazier2005-03-07 23:48

    Thanks for stopping in!!!:drinkup I'm interested in hearing about your hammer and grader. There's a thread running somewhere on hammers, how about giving your input? Feel free to start one on the grader in Compact Equipment Attachments!

  3. #3will_gurt2005-03-08 05:57

    Welcome to the forum Brent. That digger242j guy got myself, as well, involved with this forum. good to see another Pennsylvanian on board!