Joining in from the Albany NY area after browsing the forums on & off since 2008 under a different account. Figured I’d share photos of some projects past & present I’ve been a part of while working for a commercial excavation contractor One of which until recently, the larger jobs we have opened up consists of an affordable housing development featuring nine units @ two stories each. Contract includes all site work clearing grading foundations excavation etc.. Equipment line up at our disposal to start the job stripping topsoil and building access Cutting ponds Tri-axle truck loads of stone for access. At this point a little ways into underground work & dodging structures sticking out from the ground It’s been an interesting one between constant muddy conditions and the heavy clay everywhere, 15 acres of it to be exact. Hope you all enjoyed, until next time
Wow, browsing since you were 10 years old - good job starting young! Welcome to the forums again
I was no doubt “bitten by the bug” at a young age just about as far back as I can remember anything heavy equipment/construction related was always right up my alley. Many memories of using Tonka trucks outside and riding the bicycle around town to watch roadwork projects for what seemed like hours.. as I’m sure many on here can relate to. Nowadays I’m certainly grateful to be making money using the big iron like my younger self had always wished for & couldn’t see myself doing anything else. Thank you it’s a pleasure to be back under a much better alias than my previous account lol, shows the age well..
welcome aboard and thanks for the pictures. I really like pictures with lots of gooey clay. I feel better about my working conditions instantly.
I didn't see the lowbed truck that delivered the iron..........yet. Welcome
Much appreciated the clay when it’s wet will easily add a few extra pounds to the work boots when you walk through it lol You’re spot on working in that stuff always makes me appreciate the easy digging jobs in sand. Sure makes cleaning out the tracks worlds easier
Thanks I did some digging and was able to find this from a few years back. Hauling the larger excavators has always been subbed out since the company I’m with doesn’t own a low bed or semi, However machines like the 650 dozer they can haul themselves with a tag trailer hooked to the one dump truck they own.
Any updates? BTW - No issues with unloading that little Deere with single grousers on that well worn asphalt?
I always liked the feeling of backing up onto tags and tracking off forward than backing off..everybody does things a little different tho
Me too. I even do it on the Landoll trailer our lowboy service we hire has.