I tried buying permits online to travel through several different states, but my USDOT number shows up as invalid in about half of them. Has anyone else had this problem with a new USDOT number? The FMCSA is no use at all. Someone there finally called me back on Friday, and their attitude was like they didn’t care and couldn’t do anything about it. The phone call ended up getting cut off mid conversation, now I can’t get anyone there. I get a busy tone when I dial the number. The states that can’t find my number are also no use at all. I guess it’s not their problem. No one knows what the problem is with my number, no one cares enough to try and figure out what the issue is, and I can’t travel interstate without it. I needed to move a load a week ago, and there is apparently nothing I can do about this. Kinda crazy.
Is your biennial MCS-150 up to date?
I believe so. Some states like North Dakota can find it without issues. My MOTUS account says it is an active DOT number, but if I type it into the FMCSA Safer search, it says no record found.
I heard back from the FMCSA. They’re not sure what’s going on either. Someone is supposed to call back later in the week.
The number wasn't properly entered on they're end, not the first time for this.