Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Invoices

badranman · 2004-11-15 23:43

What are you small time guys doing for invoices? I'm currently using standard ones available at Wal-mart but I'd like to use something a little more professional. Any good ones for the computer out there?

Replies21
  1. #1Steve Frazier2004-11-16 00:24

    Try NEBS , they have just about anything you need. You can have your invoices customized just about any way you like.

  2. #2DKinWA2004-11-16 01:20

    I had invoices/reciepts made up at a local printer, but they were a bit expensive. I've also gotten samples from NEBS and Staples and their stuff looks every bit as good at about half the price. Now I'm getting into using my accounting software for invoicing and tracking project costs. My accountant recommended peachtree complete accounting and helped me set it up. It's not as intuitive as it could be, but it's a pretty powerful piece of software. Obviously, the more I use it the easier it gets. I don't recall what I paid for it, but I think it was around $250.

  3. #3badranman2004-11-16 15:29

    Thanks for the help guys. I take it the ones from NEBS are blank and I would fill them in, they would just have the company name etc.? I was thinking more along the lines of some software that would spit out a nice typed invoice with no writing on it.

  4. #4Steve Frazier2004-11-16 18:46

    Quickbooks will do that for you. I use the NEBS invoices with the quickbooks program, my logo is preprinted and I've got carbonless copies made with each one.

  5. #5Dwan Hall2004-11-16 21:32

    I second that Quick Books. use NEBS forms or QB will print your owne on blank paper with your logo

  6. #6badranman2004-11-16 21:46

    Cool. Thanks again.

  7. #7BRL2004-11-18 00:12

    I'll third QB. Plus it can be used for all of your accounting needs (AR\AP\Customer info\banking, employees, payroll, taxes, sales\budgets, P&L reports, etc.). I just print my invoices from QB on blank paper from my printer. You could also download your logo to the program I believe & it can then print the logo on the same invoices printed on blank paper from your printer.

  8. #8CT18fireman2004-11-18 11:47

    If you are jsut starting out, use quickbooks and blank paper. They still look professional. A lot of my suppliers use this method. Later you may want to invest in preprinted.

  9. #9Dwan Hall2004-11-19 06:06

    I'll try this again. here is )I hope) a copy of a QB invoice on blank paper. There is no end to what you can do.

  10. #10badranman2004-11-19 22:16

    That look's pretty good, except our sales tax up here is 15%!..lol

  11. #11CJT2009-06-04 16:53

    Ouch.. 15%!! QB is what we're using as well.

  12. #12Reuben2009-06-04 19:28

    Quick books....keeps track of everything

  13. #13Hendrik2009-06-04 20:15

    Whilst we are talking about accounting software, what is the difference between say QB and MYOB or others? Are they all much of a muchness? Also just to be a bit pedantic, shouldn't this thread be in the office?

  14. #14dayexco2009-06-04 20:28

    quickbooks, quickbooks, quickbooks....does EVERYTHING...

  15. #15Boophoenix2009-06-05 08:55

    I've been using xs invoicing for a little over a year. It covers the basics and has a nice look to it. Ya can't beat that price either to try it out. http://www.development-x.com/xsinvoicing.html The xp/2000 version has ran well on vista. acaually it works better than vista if that's much of a compliment. I have it installed on 4 diferant computers with differant operating systems and just copy the small database file zip it and email it to other computers or use a thumb drive and then I have all my info where ever I am.

  16. #16homecoast2009-06-15 23:58

    I'd also throw support behind Quickbooks. Some reasons are that you can find widespread support from fellow users, CD training (if needed), and it's probably the most popular package out there for small to medium-sized businesses.

  17. #17joispoi2009-06-16 03:40

    Quickbooks. It´s worth every penny. Even though they sunset the software after a couple years and you have to buy it again. You have all your tax and payroll information in there as well as all your expenses. You can automatically download your bank transactions so you don´t have to manually enter everything. You also can track where every penny you spend goes.

  18. #18OneWelder2009-06-16 14:26

    I am/was working by myself -no payroll-I use NEBS in the truck for C.O.D.s or for those with acct. - Ms. Excell - there are a # of Invoices to chose from in office updates section My brother in law uses and likes Quick Books , he has a payroll I have seen several free invoice systems on the net try a search EZInvoice Creator, ASman Accounting to name a couple

  19. #19OneWelder2009-06-16 14:31

    Boo Are those free or is it just a free trial - I went to the web site - but left confused - download pg. implied trial

  20. #20joispoi2009-06-16 15:02

    quickbooks has a stripped down free version.

  21. #21Boophoenix2009-06-17 10:24

    Xs invoicing is totally free. the small business pack and other softwares are a 30 day trial. http://www.development-x.com/downloads.html the bottom two links are xs invoicing ( free version ). back to work, will check back later.