Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ipad/Iphone apps

trainwreck · 2014-07-14 20:51

what apps and programs are you guys using in the field? I am being moved more into foreman/field management from just being an equipment operator. So im looking for anything that will help make the as easy as it can be for me. Any other tips and advise would also be great. Thanks TW

Replies12
  1. #1lumberjack2014-07-14 21:09

    I use Jobber to manage my jobs, but that's probably not what you're looking for. I would like to have an app/program to track equipment expense/maintenance with reminds at custom intervals.

  2. #2trainwreck2014-07-19 22:56

    hmm only one person on here uses apps to help with there work?

  3. #3CM19952014-07-19 23:34

    I use a concrete and asphalt calculator from time to time. Other than dropbox or other cloud file storage, I don't use any. Weather apps are used all the time though.

  4. #4Colorado Digger2014-07-20 12:43

    I probably rely on my google calendar more than anything. It syncs my Desktop, Laptop, Tablet and Phone all together. I also use dropbox for my files and pictures, all my main people have company phones and their stuff also syncs through dropbox. I can also access all the office files from the field. I use Colornote for my notes and find it very helpful. I am using the droid operating system with a S4. Oh, and don't forget FB Buddy, Sitting around in the truck booking equipment time gets boring. Regards, CD

  5. #5rossaroni2014-07-21 22:47

    I lose receipts and papers like crazy. One of my favorites is Camscanner. It takes a picture of the receipt, crops it, enhances the image, and saves it as a PDF. I usually email them to myself just as a backup copy. Also, I can scan in a sketch that I did and shoot it over to a sub right from the job site. One less thing to do from the office. I use it 4-5 times a day.

  6. #6Jfarris2014-11-10 23:59

    Old post, but I use Camscanner also on a daily bases for emailing & faxing paperwork, and also use Invoice2Go for estimates, invoicing & statements. I also use HeavyCalc every once in a while.

  7. #7Jfarris2014-11-11 00:02

    Forgot about Theodolite

  8. #8Dozerboy2017-07-07 16:54

    To the top Any other suggestions out there I haven't really ever found any ones that i liked for calculations.

  9. #9sunniesailor2018-03-22 17:39

    I know this is a really old post, but I'd love to hear what people are using now? We've used Service M8, but are experiencing some issues with it. Ideally, we want something that will link up to our Quickbooks.

  10. #10gruntscoreboard2018-05-20 01:27

    I've read a lot about iPhone apps for field service management. This is made for tracking field workers and make it a lot easier to manage teams.

  11. #11Queenslander2018-05-22 05:39

    Another I’ve been using recently is GeoMeasure. It will instantly bring up a google earth image of your position from which you can easily measure areas and distances. Much faster and easier than google earth.

  12. #12John C.2018-05-22 22:14

    gruntscoreboard; do you have any names of those apps for field service?