IR 185 with John Deere 4239 diesel engine will turn over but won’t start I get fuel out of the return line on the low-pressure side. I get nothing from the injector pump to the injectors with them disconnected. I put in an inline electric fuel pump and have bled everything up to the injector pump. I checked the valve between the low-pressure and high-pressure in the top of the injector pump (overflow bowl). Nothing is gummed up or stuck. Compressor has been sitting for about 3 years without being started. 3 years ago it started right up and ran. It has not run out of fuel. The fuel filter is full, too. The oil and coolant levels look fine. Question 1: Do I have to have the injectors connected to get pressure? Q 2: What else could be the problem? I’ve never not been able to get a compressor started before.
Inside the pump are pumping pistons, if it sat that long, they’re probably stuck.. Nothing u can do but yank it and send it in.. TIME IT FIRST.!! U could try to start it without the checkball connector on top of the pump. The lines going to the injectors do not need to be tight for it to pump.. Actually it’s best to leave them loose or off to SEE if it’s pumping.. Good luck
Im assuming you have an electric shut off solenoid. Have you checked it for electrical power?
Thanks, yes, as a matter of fact, I put a jumper on it to make sure I had electicity there. When I had it off, I jumped it and saw the solenoid jump.
Thanks, I took the check valve off and I could blow air both ways through it. I know it should only be able to blow through one way. So I went in and ordered one. (will be 7 days to get here). We'll see if that works.
U don’t need to order 1 to diagnose it.. just take it off the pump to see if it’ll start.. If it does, clean it or order 1.. Chances are, you’ll have to pull the pump, in which case it’ll get replaced anyway..
Well, I tried everything everyone here and other forums told me to try. Nothing worked. Seems it is something bigger and more expensive (injector pump maybe) and I just don't have the energy, money, or time to work on it anymore. So I gave it to a farmer friend of mine who needs it more than I do and he has the time to work on. I wish him well!