Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ir dd24 losing prime

dscont · 2023-03-21 11:55

I have a 2006 ir dd24 with a 1.4 cummins that seems to lose prime after a few hours. Quick shot of either and it starts right up. Pumping the primer pump seems to have no pressure..called local ir dealer they can't find a part number for the combination pump and filter. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Can't read the tag on engine all rubbed of here is the block number and picture of pump.

Replies8
  1. #1heymccall2023-03-21 12:26

    A1700 engine

  2. #2heymccall2023-03-21 12:28

    Used here https://equipment-parts.com/catalog/vprosis/20261/ To start out. Then went here https://www.scribd.com/document/400278290/Novo-Catalago-a1700

  3. #3dscont2023-03-21 12:50

    Hey great thanks for your help

  4. #4heymccall2023-03-21 13:32

    Ooooh, ooof, I made mistake. You need 4900277, filter head. The 4900516 is the bracket.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2023-03-22 01:48

    Nice work HM.!! I’d get rid of that POS and put in an aftermarket electric pump and filter.. just my .02.. But I guess as long as u have the correct part number, it’s easier to just order it.

  6. #6dscont2023-03-22 07:25

    That was my next thought. A 3-6 psi electric pump and new filter housing. Did that setup work for you? Ordering isn't easy seems to be backorder and out of stock everywhere. Thanks for the reply

  7. #7thepumpguysc2023-03-23 07:49

    The VE pump requires 5psi at full load..so a 5-7 sounds mo’ betta.. Just keep it under 10 psi..

  8. #8dscont2023-03-23 08:29

    Great thanks