Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IR Hyd Air compressor on Service Truck

still learn'n ยท 2016-07-13 12:33

I have a Ingersoll Rand HP60CMH compressor on service truck and when I got the truck bout 2 years ago I could open 1/2" hose wide open and it would keep up at around 100 psi and now it just fall way down to like 30 or something I have checked the air filter on compressor and pulled it out and run it and it didn't make any difference. No I havnt checked the gear pump flow. I don't have a manual for it so didn't know if maybe the pressure regulator or something like that could be messing up and not kicking it up high enough or not any ideas suggestions? thanks Jerry

Replies3
  1. #1StanRUS2016-07-13 13:09

    You need a 'service manual', try IR search or an outfit that sells the unit(s) like STI-Service Trucks International

  2. #2ohiofleet2016-07-13 21:54

    does it rev the truck up when it kicks in

  3. #3still learn'n2016-07-13 23:49

    I've had the truck for 2 years and I'm the second owner for service bed and compressor and it never had revd up as long as I've had it but I normally rev it up with cruise to 1,000 rpm but what it sounds like to me if that the switch is bypassing the oil in the motor on compressor like it don't rev the compressor back up when it should! Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk