Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IR T30 Truck Mounted Compressor

WCR73 ยท 2017-04-18 16:30

Looking for anyone that has a Ingersoll Rand T30 compressor with the CH12.5 Kohler engine. I have one i'm putting together for my service truck. It came to me halfway taken apart. I need to know how the kickdown bullwhip cable from the unloader valve is hooked up to throttle linage on the engine. The T30's with the honda engines are hooked up a bit different.

Replies13
  1. #1kshansen2017-04-19 07:58

    Any chance of a picture or two of what you have? Do you have a Tractor Supply near you? Is this the one you are working on? www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/ingersoll-rand-14-hp-30-gallon-gas-truck-mount-air-compressor Stop in and take some notes, pretend you are thinking of buying!

  2. #2WCR732017-04-19 18:40

    I'll take a couple pictures. My compressor is older. It uses the CH12.5 Kohler. The new ones use a newer CH440 with different throttle/governor linkage. that's not a bad price on a new one though!

  3. #3kshansen2017-04-19 18:52

    Do you have an IR model number for the compressor assembly(tank, motor and compressor), not jut the compressor itself? Might try emailing IR and see if they have any online manuals to down load.

  4. #4Ronsii2017-04-19 18:54

    Ours has the kohler on it.... didn't remember it being a 12.5hp but probably is. Will try to get some pic tomorrow...

  5. #5sheepfoot2017-04-19 21:56

    I have one at work on our service truck, it was purchased at Grainger, I have the parts book and could give you the Grainger order page so you could find it on there parts site. It is a T30, seem to think it is a 12.5 Kohler around 14yrs old. Will look in the morning.

  6. #6WCR732017-04-20 01:34

    I've tried to get a number for the whole unit, but all I can find is that it's a T30 which is pretty generic. The numbers I do have are, Engine: Kohler CH12.5S (spec 1936) Pump: IR 2475

  7. #7WCR732017-04-20 01:35

    That sounds about right. Any pictures of the throttle linkage and how the bullwhip unloader cable hooks up would be awesome

  8. #8WCR732017-04-20 01:36

    Yea mines about 15 years old, probably the same unit. Thanks for the help

  9. #9mikebramel2017-04-20 15:35

    This is the valve I put onmine http://conrader.com/files/Bracket Airline Install.pdf http://conrader.com/products_combopiloted.php

  10. #10Ronsii2017-04-21 21:34

    Here are some quick pics of the unloader valve ,cable and interconnect with the throttle assembly: Ps. don't know if it's stock or not... it came with the truck and has never really worked all that great

  11. #11WCR732017-04-22 01:10

    That's it! Thanks for sending the pictures. Exactly what I needed. Now I just need to make mine work! The engine runs good and that 2475 IR pump makes a crap ton of air so I'm excited to get this thing working. I'm setting up a F450 service truck for side work and it came with this compressor and a miller bobcat 225NT that will most likely need the TLC that my compressor is getting. They both sat for a long time and hadn't run. Will be worth it once it's all running though Thanks for the help fellas

  12. #12Ronsii2017-04-22 16:08

    Yeah, it is a really good air maker that's for sure I think our motor may be getting weak, it runs fine at full speed but after it builds air and throttles back it doesn't like to rev up again without stalling out most of the time unfortunately... probably time to rip the carb apart again, last time it was full of white jello from the greener/cleaner/better fuel we are forced put in it.

  13. #13sheepfoot2017-04-23 16:52

    Our unit is a 2000, IR T30 model 2475F12.5G, info t30 2475 two stage (form SCD-761) owners manual (form SCD-748B) engine owners manual Kohler command 11-15 hp. horizontal crankshaft (form no TP-2473-C). Like Ronsii said, file shows two carb kits installed 2005 and 2009 with a note that 2015 parts not available new carb installed (Kohler kit complete). Gunk in carb, will not throttle up from idle on all internal work orders. I had thought this one came from Grainger, but it was Northern tool. Our other two speed air units came from Grainger with the 13 hp Honda engines.