Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Iron Mule Forwarder.

LowBoy · 2019-04-26 16:05

Just thought I'd share this piece I picked up out near Camden, NY and brought to it's new owner in Ledyard, Ct. today. It's a late-80's Iron Mule, made up in Michigan. Powered by a 3 cyl. Ford diesel, has a 4 speed with a hi-lo-reverse on the other stick. Fun little rig. I brought a 240 Timberjack skidder from the same place in Camden, NY to the same guy in Ct. last year...he bought both from the same seller.

Replies5
  1. #1FarmWrench2019-04-27 17:00

    I like it. Hit me up if you have a line on something similar. I'm in Western NY.

  2. #2old-iron-habit2019-04-28 01:25

    Nice looking 4510 you have there. A little newer than mine but with the same drive train. Here I am picking up storm damaged oak for my outdoor boiler.

  3. #3Sberry2025-04-16 12:22

    Hey,, I have a question? Is there any written info on these and am in particularly interested in the brakes at this point. It might use hyd oil.

  4. #4Sberry2025-04-16 16:58

    Those are some nice looking rigs.

  5. #5JMS Forestry2025-04-21 10:44

    Not sure what you have. I have an 89 4510 iron mule like in the pics above. In the manual I have it looks like they are dry brakes. Ive never had to work on my brakes yet. From what I found mine used a 4610 Ford tractor as the base unit. Find the serial numbers and hit up a New Holland dealership if yours is Ford based. I got a parts catalog and powertrain repair manual from Delfab in Escanaba MI. Good Luck