Hey all I purchased a Kobelco sk120 lp05248. As it sets the machine runs good. Being my first excavator I thought I was getting a good deal. Now I'm not sure. It has been hacked pretty bad. Manual throttle, manual shut off,no swing power. Travel works sometimes. No display on IP cluster. I could go on and on. Not afraid to spend money to fix but the manual I have has the worst wiring schematics in history. And no one seems to know much about these machines or want to talk about them. So my big question of the day. Is anyone knowledgeable on these machines and willing to help me walk through repairing or Is KOBELCO A BAD WORD?
I'd run away if you can get out of it. Not because of the brand but because this is only the stuff you know about so far. If it's been hacked this bad, I bet the maintenance wasn't the best either.
I can't in good conscience sell it to anyone even if I didn't like them. I have the ability to do all the repairs just need help with diagnosing. I'm in it pretty good and I could spend 8 or 9 thou and still be OK if I can just get the help I need
Kobelco makes excellent iron from what I hear. Sounds like yours may have been rode hard and put away wet. Give Feenaughty Machinery in Oregon a call (503) 282-2566 they've always been helpful to me, and they've carried Kobelco since before CNH took them in and then spat them out. Long way away but maybe they can at least give you some advice.
Thank you. I know this machine can be fixed and I'm not to worried about because the way it sits I can jump on it and dig diches and knock trees down which is what I bought it for but it needs some TLC and it drives me crazy that it has options on it that don't work